Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why I Love Being Sick

It's not what you think. I don't get super pampered or get to ask for whatever I want and have it brought to me while I lay peacefully recovering. It's much deeper than that, and infinitely more fulfilling.

When I get sick, it hits me hard and wipes me out completely. I lose all willpower and my body fails to respond to its commands. But my heart and my spirit are awakened like never before!

I lay helplessly at the perfect mercy of the Father's good hands. My heart pounds with aching desperation for His comfort. I wait eagerly for every drip of grace that falls from His cup, anticipating the sweetness of His presence.

My fever wraps around me like a warm blanket. My head thrashes to bring me into peace. My back and my legs throb with yearning for relief.

And there in my weakest moments where I can do nothing for myself, my eyes slowly open to the radiant face of my loving Father. Here, with lights out and nobody around, He nurses me back to health simply by being with me.

Cookies and room service cannot fool me with their deceitful appeals. For it is God Himself that I desire, and God Himself that He brings to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

"Trutheran" Christian Living ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Seo Blog. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP