Friday, March 4, 2011

I Need You Right Away

This has been a tough week for me - one of those "Can't I just escape to some tropical island for a week?" kinds. As I was thinking about this idea of a "timeout from life," I ran into Stefano Langone from American Idol and was reminded so gracefully that God alone is my refuge and my relief (Psalm 94:22). It's so easy to get burdened down with life's trials and feelings of defeat, like I have been this week. But God wanted to remind me that He is my victory that I can never lose, and that I need Him right now, right away. So in the midst of everything and despite a hurting heart, I'm choosing to take all of those deceitful thoughts captive to be obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5), for the joy set before me (Hebrews 12:2). Not another second or another minute. Not another hour of another day. But right away. (Credit goes to Smokie Norful for the lyrics)


Update: I decided to add Smokie's original version because it's so powerful. I pray that wherever you're at in your life, you find God's mercy, comfort, and love as I am...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

"Trutheran" Christian Living ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Seo Blog. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP