Monday, January 4, 2010

Reflections on 2009

Before I jump into making some New Year's Resolutions for 2010, I want to reflect on 2009 to inform and guide me. Here are some things that I've observed and learned from the last year of the decade:

  • God is sufficient for all. Despite tough economic times, we all learned a difficult but important lesson: the only thing we can (and should) rely on is God. His love and grace is enough to sustain us no matter what our situation is.
  • God is faithful. I can't look back on the year and not think of God's faithfulness in my cousin, baby Griff's, life. The circumstances seemed dire but through prayer we were able to see how God is faithful and works miracles. This is something worthy of remembering.
  • God is everything. This is a broad observation, so I'll break it down into pieces. God, being the source and sustainer of life, should be the focus and center of every life. Relationship and trust in Him is what makes life meaningful, fulfilling, and purposeful. It's also what heals the wounds of sin and brokenness in the world. Daily, fervent reliance upon God is necessary for strength and wisdom.
I know there is much more, but these are some highlights. I am hoping that 2010 will be a year - the start of a decade - of deeper faith, great Kingdom work, and miracles that glorify God's name in Christ Jesus through the power of His Holy Spirit. Will you commit yourself and your life to God this year with me?

2 comments:

Thelema said...

Interesting posts you have, though I think Christianity is dead and will be redeemed and brought to fruition and perfection through Thelema. Check out my blog at http://christianityisdead.wordpress.com/ if you will. Love is the law, love under will. ;)

Aaron said...

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog. However, Jesus clearly states in John 14:6 that He alone is the way, the truth, and the life - nobody comes to the Father except through Him. Furthermore, God is the only source of love and the power of His will through Christ Jesus has overcome death to live eternally. Your claims are clearly unbiblical.

Post a Comment

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

"Trutheran" Christian Living ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Seo Blog. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP