Thursday, December 24, 2009

Humility Week 8: Beginning and the End


As my 60 Days of Humility come to a close, I would like to reflect on where God has taken me:
  • Week 1: True relationship with God is being broken me in perfect Him.
  • Week 2: Perfection is God - not something that I can attain but a relationship of abiding in Him, so that He can be what I am not.
  • Week 3: Relationship with God is built on trust - faith that He will be true to His promises.
  • Week 4: Humility requires sacrifice - the cost of discipleship, as Bonhoeffer put it.
  • Week 5: The only thing that's good in me is Jesus. I must become nothing so that God can be all.
  • Weeks 6 & 7: Fully accepting who I am (sinful) illuminates who God is (holy).
Even though this journey is officially over, it's really just the beginning. My relationship with God goes on and my life continues to align with a biblical worldview. I am definitely a changed man, more aware of my need for God and more sensitive to His voice in my life. I have come to believe in humility as a key characteristic of God - after all, with the Christmas season upon us His humility cannot be ignored. In a lowly manger and a borrowed space, He came to us as a helpless baby. As a man, he served the rejected and least of these. He died the worst death for sins He did not commit. He truly is the Humble King, worthy of my faith!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

"Trutheran" Christian Living ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Seo Blog. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP