As my 60 Days of Humility come to a close, I would like to reflect on where God has taken me:
- Week 1: True relationship with God is being broken me in perfect Him.
- Week 2: Perfection is God - not something that I can attain but a relationship of abiding in Him, so that He can be what I am not.
- Week 3: Relationship with God is built on trust - faith that He will be true to His promises.
- Week 4: Humility requires sacrifice - the cost of discipleship, as Bonhoeffer put it.
- Week 5: The only thing that's good in me is Jesus. I must become nothing so that God can be all.
- Weeks 6 & 7: Fully accepting who I am (sinful) illuminates who God is (holy).