Saturday, October 24, 2009

Humility Day 1: Dependence on God



Dependence on God
Today marks the first day of my journey of humility and total dependence on God. I don't know where I'm going but I'm relying on faith as the disciples did in John 14:4-6:

"And you know the way to where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life."

Humility is Serving
In this life, this world, and my journey to humility, the only thing I can rely on in Jesus. In order to fully embrace humility, I will be asking God to desire being a servant to follow Him, as He commanded in Mark 10:35-45:

But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.

What To Expect
As I mentioned earlier, I will continue blogging on other topics, but I will try and spend one day each week focused on this 60 Days of Humility journey. I'm excited to envelope myself with my Savior and follow wherever He leads. I'm also open to any feedback, prayers, guidance, wisdom, and encouragement you may have for me. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Modified by Blogger Tutorial

"Trutheran" Christian Living ©Template Nice Blue. Modified by Seo Blog. Original created by http://ourblogtemplates.com

TOP